As I mentioned before I am currently in school obtaining my NJ/NY/PA Esthetician license. For those of you who do not know what an esthetician is, it’s basically a branch of Cosmetology that solely deals with skin care, including things like facials, make-up, hair removal, and specialized treatments, such as Microdermabrasion and mild chemical peels. Skin care is truly a passion of mines and beautiful skin is the basis of fantastic make-up application.
I have provided you with Ten Tips below for great skin. As the next few weeks go on I will go into greater detail. Consider this Skin Care 101.
1) Beauty Sleep……I know you all have heard this. one before, but it one of the most basic, easiest things you can do. Besides the direct benefits on your skin, like reduced under eye puffiness and dark circles, when you get a good night sleep you are allow your body to recharge and renew itself.
2) A Good Diet…… you are what you eat and your skin will show it. A proper diet is essential in developing good skin. Food is the fuel your body runs on. With out the proper diet skin can not repair and rebuild. Be sure to include leafy green veggies, fresh fruit and lean proteins for a glowing complexion.
3) Green Tea…….this antioxidant rich drink is not help to drink but the tea bags are great to reduce puffiness under your eyes.
4) Drink Water…….I think this one is pretty well-known.
5) Know your skin type……..do you have oily, dry, combo, sensitive, or normal skin. This is needed to assess your skin’s need and pick the correct products for you.
6) PLEASE USE SUNSCREEN! I can’t stress this enough! Ladies and gentlemen you must use a sunscreen of spf 15 or higher everyday, I don’t care how dark you are. Sunscreen is single-handedly one of the most effective anti-aging steps you can take. Black may not crack but it will sag! Sun damage will worsen hyper pigmentation and uneven skin tones
7) NEVER EVER SLEEP IN YOUR MAKE-UP……this is just a bad habit. Which can lead to clog pores and breakouts
8) Do not smoke…. yup another one we all know!! Look at the skin of long term smokers, not to mention other health issues.
9) change your pillow cases often….. they are a breeding ground for bacteria which can lead to breakouts.
10) Seek a professional’s advice….If you have serious skin mild to moderate skin problems seek a good esthetician for advice and treatment. Monthly facials are also a good idea even if you have fairly good skin. Think of it as an “oil change” for your skin.Estheticians use professional grade products for a deep cleansing of your skin. For more severe acne and skin issues seek the help of a dermatologist.
Ok class is out for now! Stay tuned for more. If you have any beauty related questions email us at [email protected] and follow us on IG VixenVarsity_Beauty.