Ever wanted to go to New York Comic Con and tickets sell out in 2.5 seconds? Next thing you know, you’re searching on Ebay or Stubhub or wherever for tickets and now the price has tripled! Welp, worry no more because ReedPop/NYCC has put an end to all of that. You now have to fill out a fan application to get tickets. Peep the rules and regulations below.
NORWALK, CT – May 17, 2016 – In true superhero fashion, ReedPOP, the world’s leading producer of pop culture events, is taking a stand against the live event industry’s greatest supervillains – ticket resellers. Today, the producer of New York Comic Con announces the introduction of a new Fan Verification process to help limit the amount of resellers and get Tickets into the hands of Fans along with other Ticketing changes. As part of today’s announcement, ReedPOP will also transition the New York Super Week brand to NYCC Presents, representing a shift that will support a broader range of NYCC content throughout Manhattan. New York Comic Con will take place October 6-9, 2016.
The Fan Verification system will launch on Friday, May 20, when Fans will fill out a profile in order to be eligible to purchase Tickets when they go on sale. Fan Verification will close Monday, June 13 and anyone who has not completed a Fan Verification profile will be unable to purchase Tickets. For the first time, purchasing Tickets will only be possible online through the NYCC Ticket website and there will be no retail sales.
“At ReedPOP we put our fans first and this process is to get as many tickets into the hands of those fans, plain and simple,” said Lance Fensterman, Global Senior Vice President of ReedPOP. “We know it is a little more work for our fans but we hope they will happily work with this new system if it helps to thwart ticket brokers and ticket resellers.”
Also new this year, ReedPOP will roll New York Super Week into new series, NYCC Presents. This will continue the rapid expansion of New York Comic Con content throughout New York City and under a brand and banner that fans will recognize. NYCC Presents will include a massive array great evening events at multiple locations throughout Manhattan and Brooklyn. Each of these events will require a separate Ticket.
- Fan Verification is required for NYCC 2016. Everyone who would like to attend NYCC (whether you are buying Tickets yourself or someone is buying them for you) must fill out a Fan Verification profile.
- Kids who will be ages 6-12 at the time of NYCC 2016 and will be using a NYCC 2016 Adult Ticket or Sunday Kids Ticket do not need a Fan Verification profile for their NYCC 2016 Ticket.
- Fan Verification will be open from Friday, May 20 at 12:00 PM EDT to Monday, June 13 at 11:59 PM EDT. Fill out your Fan Verification profile correctly and completely – there’s no need to rush through it.
- All NYCC 2016 Ticket Types will go on sale at the same time on a first-come, first-served basis. Fan Verification does not guarantee NYCC Tickets.
- VIP Tickets for NYCC will no longer be made available.
- NYCC 2016 Tickets will only be sold online. NYCC Tickets will not be on sale at retailers or any events leading up to NYCC 2016.
- All Fans who filled out a Fan Verification profile will be notified via email 48 hours prior to NYCC Tickets going on sale.
- The email Fans will receive with the NYCC on-sale date will include a unique link where Fans will have the opportunity to purchase Tickets first-come, first-served when they go on sale. There is a one transaction limit per link.
If Fans are purchasing Tickets for multiple people, they must be assigned to a person using the name and email address they created their Fan Verification profile with. If Fans are purchasing a Ticket for a kid ages 6-12, they will add their name and age to the Ticket.
These changes have been done with the hope that more Fans will get the opportunity to experience NYCC 2016. The full Fan Verification process and NYCC Show news can be found here and atNewYorkComicCon.com/
Additional exciting details about New York Comic Con and NYCC Presents events, talent and sponsors will be announced in the coming months. For more information, please visit NewYorkComicCon.com and NYCC’s social media pages (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram).
DAMB! That’s a whole lotta rules.